Your Garden will not green-grow
-if you do not water it properly-


Labels

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More about Co-incidences ....

Reblogged from "A Journey with Art, Nature & Spirit"

Synchronicity – A Trail of Bread Crumbs

by Kate Zamarchi - Artist/Naturalist in Spirituality, Synchronicity

Coincidence, Chance, By Accident or by Design….

Carl Jung in the 1920's described the term synchronicity to mean experiencing two or more events that even though unrelated have something in common and be unlikely to occur by chance -  "temporally coincident occurrences of causal events."

In my last post I mentioned a series of synchronistic events that led me to the path that I am currently on.  Looking back on it now I see it like being in a forest of trees and low growing shrubs – hard to see too far in front of me.  Yet there is this trail of breadcrumbs placed before me as I walk through and make my own path.

Energy of the StonesThe first bread crumb came as an email.  I was on girls week away with my daughters in Franconia Notch, New Hampshire.  We were relaxing and chatting in the cabin we rented for the week.  I was showing them how if you hang a crystal from a string and hang it over another stone it will pick up the energy of that stone and begin to spin (dowsing).  That same day I received an email from the woman who had taught me Reiki 11 years prior and attuned me to be a Reiki Master.  I had not heard from her in ages – as she had moved away from the area up to Maine.  Her email was inviting me to come up to her retreat center – she was hosting Raymon Grace a nationally renown dowser to teach advanced dowsing and a native american emotional release technique.  I got chills (which usually is a sign of the truth for me) – I knew I had to go.

At this time I was still working in my corporate job – a company girl.  Worked 50-60 hours a week.  Very dedicated to 'get the job done'.   Now here I was just coming back from a week off and asking for another week only a month later.  But I did… this is when I started to follow my heart instead of my head.

While at the event in Maine, I was chatting with my Reiki Master and telling her how I was feeling a sense of urgency and pull to 'begin my work and take it out to the world'.  But what exactly was the 'work'?  I wanted some way to pull together my gifts and passions of Art, Spirit, Reiki, Symbolism into something.  I put my request out to the universe.

The second bread crumb came as a syllabus that contained information on Mandalas for Spiritual Healing.  It contained a list of books and an optional residential portion – training with Judith Cornell Ph.D on her Luminous Mandala Process for Healing.  I was not ready at the time to dive into graduate level studies so I ordered all the books and devoured them!  This was it – the Mandala – the answer to my request to the universe!  It brought together exactly what I asked for…Art, Spirit, Symbolism and Divine Energy.  I began to create mandalas.  I found a website called "Mandala Universe" that listed workshops by Judith Cornell Ph.D.  I signed up for a webinar and a newsletter as my first step.

My third bread crumb was a phone call.  The last newsletter came with news that the February 2010 Facilitation Training would be the last.  I was bummed – this was not in my "planned" timeline – I wanted to take it – but later.  I emailed the website a question if there would be other ways to get certified by Judith in the future.  Within 45 minutes my cell phone rang – it was Judith herself!  We had a lovely talk.  After that call – once again – I knew I HAD to go to this training.

Still working my corporate job – I went to my manager and told her I could not go an the business trip to Belfast Ireland that they had been planning.  There was a personal thing that I had to do.  This was so out of character for me…but it felt oh so right.  As I spoke of in my last blog, off I went to Mount Madonna Center in Northern California

As part of my 108 hours of internship to become a Certified Mandala Facilitator I had the option to be part of a team of facilitators to lead a week long retreat and training in St. Louis Missouri. This sounded like a wonderful option to me – but I had some reservations.  It was being held at a Convent and the Lead Facilitator was a nun.  For me the mandala process was not about religion but about spirit.  Although we facilitators come from various spiritual paths, we are inclusive and honor all faith traditions.  I did not want it to be about religion.  I signed up with potential interest in this opportunity.

My fourth bread crumb came as a past student.  In my mid thirties I had converted to Catholicism so that our family could worship together – I had married a catholic man.  I learned to love the meaning behind the ritual within the church.  As part of this time in my life I also taught 3rd grade CCD for one year.  This class of kids was super.  I brought in the Bible and taught them to look up their own answers within the book.  Something not necessarily taught in the Catholic tradition. Anyway, back to the synchronicity…  I was meeting some folks in a local coffee shop.  Behind the counter was a young girl waiting on me.  She looked familiar.  I thought – maybe she is one of my daughters friends.  She said to me "Aren't you Ms Zamarchi?"  I said yes.  She then said "I am Amber, You were my 3rd grade CCD teacher."  I knew she looked familiar.  I was so surprised she remembered me.  For me, this was a sign.  A sign of synchronicity that yes – I should go to the Convent and lead a week of Mandala with the focus on Christian Mysticism.  The week in St Louis was a blessing and once again worthy of it's own post.

I continue to walk through life doing my part of "the work" – "being"…but I am so grateful for the breadcrumbs.  The synchronicity, the chills, the affirmations to know I am on the right path.  And know even if I wander off of it at times – there will be a breadcrumb to bring me back.

My intentions for all those that read this is that your eyes too are able to see the beautiful breadcrumbs left for you….gifts for your own life journey.

Share this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Garden will not green-grow
-if you do not water it properly-