Your Garden will not green-grow
-if you do not water it properly-


Labels

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Little yellow House

Little Yellow House Update

by Kent Griswold on October 31st, 2013. 20 Comments

by Ella Jenkins

It's been a year now since I moved to the bay area and thought you might consider running an update now that I've been living tiny for a year. It's tiny for two as of 10 months ago!

Everything is still going beautifully. It's amazing how big a tiny house can feel when you've built it around what's important to you. It's truly just like the average house, but smaller and exactly the way you want! I actually felt I could have gone with a shorter trailer when I first moved in, but now with my boyfriend living here too it's perfect.

little yellow house

We met 3 days after I moved to the Bay area, and he thinks tiny houses are just as wonderful as I do. It probably helps that he doesn't have a lot of stuff either!

I rent space on a small ranch and get to see a little sliver of the ocean out my window every day. I work for Tumbleweed teaching workshops on everything to do with tiny building and living and I work an average of 5.4 days a month. And that's it :)

kitchen

I get to be music-y and beach-y and arts-y and as creative as I'd like in my extra time because you just don't need very much when you don't have to take care of very much. Basically, I love my house, and I love how simple it has allowed my life to be.

*Ella :)
www.littleyellowdoor.wordpress.com

sitting area

mirror

living room

Ella and boyfriend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stone Mountain Cabin Plans

by Kent Griswold on June 6th, 2008. 22 Comments

Cub Creek Elevation Cabin Plans

I recently came across this great site called Stone Mountain Cabins with some wonderful tiny/small cabin plans.

32-cw-cub-creek1

"I believe each person searches for solitude and comfort in many ways. I find comfort in the simple pleasures of life – a great book and the company of family. But most of all I find comfort in this great place of renewal, the cabin."


Ken Pieper - Designer

Stone Mountain Cabins

My favorite is the Cub Creek a 2 bed and 2 bath 681 Sq. Ft. cabin. Find your favorite by going to his collection. Maybe you will find your dream home with one of Ken's plans.

Visit more plans at Stone Mountain Cabins here. (Their website is no longer up but the plans are still available through this link)

lg_fp1
Cub Creek Floorplan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Garden will not green-grow
-if you do not water it properly-